Friday, August 19, 2011

Nothin better than homemade bread!


A few days ago, I decided I REALLY wanted homemade bread. Let's just say it's a weakness of mine. The last few times I have tried to make it in my bread machine it's failed...like miserably! So I decided I would try it by hand. Yep! Crazy! But it actually turned out great and my husband was SOOOO excited! Here's a picture and a recipe!

Part Wheat Homemade Bread

2 Tablespoons dry yeast
5 c. Hot water
2 Tablespoons salt
6 c. whole wheat flour (I ground my wheat into "flour" in my blender. Yes I wanted bread that badly!)
2/3 c. oil
1 c. honey (mine had gone to sugar, but I boiled some water and stuck the bottle in to liquify it again)
6 c. white flour

I mixed all the dry ingredients together including the yeast. Then I mixed the wet ingredients and added them to the dry. Knead for 10 minutes (EXHAUSTING). Grease your loaf pans and put the bread dough in them. Let rise about an hour. Bake 45 min. at 350 degrees. Slather with butter and enjoy!

K, here's a few other hints. When kneading be prepared to add about 1/2 to 1 c extra flour. I halved my recipe and got two nice sized loaves.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments: