Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What a day!

Well, it all started last Friday when I get a text from my mom that says "Grandpa P. is going through the temple on Tuesday at four thirty. He would like you guys to be there." If anyone knows my family this is something we had only dreamed would happen. So I call Cory and let him know. Well, there was a slight problem in that we had to get our temple recommends renewed and in a hurry. So we got that all arranged. Cory was already off of work (thankfully) and I just told my student teaching supervisor and cooperating teacher that I couldn't miss this. They understood completely!

So Monday night after work, Cayden, Cory and I took off to Woodruff. We were able to stay with my grandparents and visit for a bit and the next afternoon we went with them to the Snowflake temple. During the session, I started having Braxton Hicks and was thinking "oh, no! We are not doing this now!" After having to sit down before I fainted, I started feeling better. We made it through the session and then were able to have my grandparents sealed and my mom and her two sisters sealed to them. One of her sisters passed away as a youth and I was able to stand in as proxy. It was a beautiful day and the spirit was so strong. The people there were so loving and showed the greatest care for my grandpa.

I am so grateful for the experience of being there and witnessing again how powerful the temple blessings are.

No comments: