Friday, February 11, 2011

Student teaching update

So I have been at student teaching for like six weeks now. I took over everything this week. It has been such a great experience. I have had a few of those little teacher blunders, been frustrated beyond reason, but yet felt the love of such sweet children.

I am learning so much. I am thankful for this opportunity to stretch myself. I am learning that I really do LOVE teaching. I love the students and the little things they say that make me laugh each and every day.

Today they were measuring different things in the classroom with rulers. A little boy didn't want to lay back down to be remeasured and I told him if the pregnant lady could get on the floor to be measured he could do it too. He said "You're pregnant?" I replied yes. He then said "I was going to ask but I didn't want to." LOL, Made me laugh. Another day some of the kids came across the word bulge. Mrs. R, my cooperating teacher asked them if they knew what it meant. They didn't so she told them what it meant and I said that my tummy was bulging. Mrs. R then asked them if they knew why my stomach was bulging and they replied "Because she ate too much".

Kids they make me laugh!

1 comment:

Denver and Megan said...

Aren't you so glad that we are almost done with it? I can almost taste it....I have those same feelings where you get so frustrated but yet you get sad to think that you will be leaving them in 6 weeks....well I'm glad to hear about your student teaching! How is Cayden doing without you home and how is your pregnancy? Have you thought of any names yet? You need to post some prego pics so I can see! ;) We should have a reunion sometime with our old cohort! Sure miss ya!